All the worlds a stage...

So stressed and excited! Saw 12 Angry Men and i'm going to see Government Inspector tomorrow night and in two weeks i'll be up on stage! Can't wait for the hours of rehearsal, the red bull, the good times, the drama...

Mother Earth still hasn't received a complete script, and I am freaking out as a director. But i'm taking it all in as practice for when i'm in Hollywood and trying to persuade RDJr to ignore his 'no nudity' clause in his contract.

Speaking of RDJr, he didn't win the Supporting Actor Oscar, again, but Ledger deserved the posthumous award, he died due to method and died for the art. The event itself was spectacular. I make it a thing to watch the Academy Awards every year, I guess it's the thrill of seeing the genius' of the art, the spectacular performances, the shiver I get down my spine the second Robert's on camera...

Slumdog won 8 oscars and deserved more, it's become one of my favorite movies that doesn't feature RDJr. Though for me the best part of it was the performance for the nominees for BEST SONG. An ingenius remix of Slumdog's 'O Saya' and 'Jai Ho,' and Peter Gabriel's 'Down to Earth,' for WALL-E.



To be honest Legend kind of ruined 'Down to Earth,' for me, especially compared to the vibrance and energy of the Bollywood awesomeness, it would have been fantastic if Peter Gabriel was there with his husky tones and his cute old-man-ness. However the arrival of the choir and then Jai Ho just amped it up. AR Rahman, you are a genius for mixing traditional Indian beats with the sounds of today. As a mixed CD-ist I kowtow.

...who else spotted RDJr in the front row during the acceptance speech? *shivers*


0 comments:

Post a Comment